Our client, a top software company, located in San Francisco, is looking to hire a Sr. Web UI Designer for a 40 hrs/wk onsite temp-to-perm opportunity. You will join their marketing department’s Brand and Creative team, and contribute to the success of their web presence and other public-facing websites. You will report to the Senior Design Manager and work alongside their current Web UI Designer.
This candidate can understand high-level systemic project requirements and apply all the Web/UI/Design/Brand expertise to achieve strategic goals. The successful Web UI Designer will have a solid combination of experience and education that enables them to create and design a unique, visually aesthetic, and functional website. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, reliable, detailed, with a sense of humor, and driven to produce high-quality work. This individual must thrive in a fast paced environment.
*The role is for public facing web design, not for apps. The role is not a UX role - Its primary focus is on Interaction Design, UI Design, Branding, and Visual Design.
- Passionate about (responsive) web design, user experience and front end development.
- Innovative thinker bringing new ideas to improve the web presence.
- Lead concept development, design ideation, and detailed specification of visual designs for user interfaces of the future and existing innovations, prototypes, and mockups.
- Produce designs prototypes, Responsive UI Design layouts, images and interactive assets that address business brand and marketing requirements, including design and production of screen layouts.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities, timely and efficiently, in a fast-paced environment.
- Successfully communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of the user-centered design process.
- Collaborate with marketing department, content producers and management to refine the user experience.
- Work closely with web UX, web publishers, and web developers to deliver the final product.
- Contribute to style guide and pattern library.
- Contribute to improving processes, and technology research.
- Assist in front end development when necessary.
- Pro-active, enthusiastic, and self-driven, is essential for this role.
- 5+ Years of solid professional experience in a start- up environment, in-house with one of the big name companies in the Bay Area (Salesforce, Google, Apple, Oracle etc.), or with an interactive agency.
- A solid online portfolio
- Must be fluent in Adobe CC, Sketch, and InVision or similar graphics/user interface design software.
- Must have an Expert understanding of Graphic Design and web design principles.
- Solid and Experienced Eye for good design aesthetics.
- Although it is not a developer role, a fluency in web technology is required, with light front end coding when required.
- Good listener, ability to listen keenly and adapt ideas, coming up with multiple concepts and clearly articulating the tradeoffs of each concept and getting buy-in from all stakeholders.
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills. Must be able to present and communicate ideas clearly and be open to constructive feedback.
- Successful track record leading high-level design projects from start to finish.
- Excellent delivery and execution skills. Must deliver prototypes, final mock-ups promptly and resolve dependencies and conflicts.
- Candidates must able to collaborate effectively with others in a cross-functional team, and be able to rationalize and present their design ideas and decisions effectively.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of web content management systems such as AEM is a plus.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Graphic Design, Information Design, Digital Media Design or other visual arts is a plus.
- Company provides free lunches on Mondays and has fully stocked kitchens.
- Fun, collaborative team
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.