Our client, a top financial company is looking to hire a Sr. Writer for a long term assignment. This person will be responsible for Investment writing, white papers, web articles and more on topics related to the investment products available to employers 401K programs. They should have experience writing B2B marketing collateral on investing as well be knowledgable on asset classes and how markets work.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Revises and repurposes existing content. Updates materials to reflect current tone, statistics and timeframes
- Ensures content adheres to corporate brand standards, style guides, and legal and compliance guidelines
- Develops original content. Collaborates with content stakeholders to understand and follow strategic direction, key objectives, and themes for content
- Researches statistical, product, audience, and other relevant information to successfully complete writing assignments. Utilizes online information, statistical databases, and research library
- May conduct interviews with senior business leaders and investment professionals
- Writes original content for communications, including, but not limited to, marketing materials, reports on markets and portfolios, articles, and topical pieces for various audiences
- Ensures content aligns with business goals, communicates the desired message to the intended audience, and adheres to corporate brand standards, style guides, and legal and compliance guidelines
- Translates content for delivery in multiple channels, utilizing the content management tool to develop individualized sets and elements and to tag for search engine optimization
- May synthesize input from sources with diverse perspectives to create content representative of collective contributors; may provide rationale for content decisions to senior team members
- Liaises with other business groups
- Collaborates with Marketing and other business groups on larger campaigns or initiatives to ensure alignment with project objectives
- May serve as creative lead on development and distribution of broad communication efforts to update, educate and provide direction to regionally-specific associate populations
- Manages writing projects
- Collaborates with others to guide process and ensure deliverables are completed in a timely manner
- Ensures changes in content and schedules are communicated to the appropriate associates within the project work group and any other relevant areas. Acts as the primary contact for a project’s reviewers during circulations. May collaborate with the Designer to develop layout and concepts
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of associates and senior business leaders; strong grammar and syntax skills; strong presentation skills; strong inter-personal skills
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment; initiative to work and learn independently and proactively contribute to department goals; and ability to lead others while maintaining effective business relationships with associates throughout the organization
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills; ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines
- Demonstrates sound judgment in resolving matters of moderate complexity
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of multiple content channels
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of financial and investment concepts
- Requires at least 10 years of financial writing experience in a creative, corporate environment
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB