Onward Search is looking for an SEO and Site Optimization Analyst to join our agency client in EITHER Charleston, Myrtle Beach, or Charlotte for an onsite direct hire opportunity!
- The primary function is to analyze traffic to a site across all channels, development of a strategy specific to the organic search channel, and the optimization of the site to drive more qualified traffic and conversions.
- You will be responsible for optimizing all aspects of a client’s site related to improving rankings on search engines for relevant terms, as well as generating ideas and a strategy for content creation and user experience improvements.
- You will be collaborating with a talented team of account managers, content creation, digital marketing, creative and development resources.
- You will work closely with SEM/PPC specialists on keywords and landing pages, as well as working directly with the development team on user experience and conversion optimization, user testing and directing technical updates as needed.
- Analytical reporting and strategic focus is a must, with the ability to interpret the data in layman’s terms.
- Performing keyword research
- Conducting pre-live optimization and audits for new website launches
- Developing and executing SEO strategies
- Optimizing on-site content
- Building an effective linking strategy
- Informing content strategy
- Analyzing data, building monthly reports, and providing insights
- Ad-hoc reporting as necessary to continually measure performance
- Interpreting data to account manager and stakeholders
- Keeping up to date on industry changes and best practices (such as algorithm updates)
- Contributing to user experience and conversion optimization, audits and testing projects
- Concepting A/B testing ideas, and user testing audits
- A basic understanding of HTML
- Knowledge of Google’s ranking factors
- Experience with SEO analysis tools such as Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, SEM Rush, Screaming Frog, Moz, etc
- Proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets
- Proficiency with analytical software such as Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics
- Experience with implementing and managing Analytics and Data Visualization platforms such as Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Adobe Analytics, Tableau, etc
- Time management & priority management
- A passion to learn and develop professionally
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Google Ads and/or Bing Ads strongly preferred
- Experience with tag management platforms (particularly GTM), and implementing a range of pixels/scripts through them strongly preferred
- Experience conducting user research and testing via tools like UserTesting, HotJar Usability Hub, etc. strongly preferred
- Advanced understanding of HTML/HTML5, and how HTML, CSS and JS relate to SEO strongly preferred
- Experience with ranking software such as SEMRush, Conductor Searchlight or Raven strongly preferred
- CMS experience with WordPress, Craft, etc. strongly preferred
- Ecommerce platform experience with platforms such as Magento, Woocommerce or Shopify strongly preferred
Does this sound like you, apply now to learn more about this job!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB