Onward Search is looking for an SEO Data Analyst to join our corporate client in Atlanta for an onsite contract-to-hire role! Benefits are available throughout the life of the engagement.
- This is a W2 contract-to-hire role expected to last for 3-6 months before converting into a permanent role.
- All work must be completed onsite at the company offices in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.
- Total expected weekly workload is 40 hours/week.
- As a member of the SEO team, you will leverage your deep experience in data analysis and data mining to drive significant organic search traffic and user engagement growth for a portfolio of brands.
- You will need to bring a genuine curiosity about how consumers search for information and pair that with a strong technical aptitude and ability to analyze large datasets, uncover trends and insights, then turn those findings into actionable recommendations.
- Create a comprehensive data model and schema of our wide range of internal and external data sources, develop a roadmap to integrate each provider’s data into a consolidated data warehouse, then begin the process of connecting to each provider’s API or data feed and creating automated jobs to import the data at the appropriate interval. This will include a range of tools including Botify (site crawler), STAT Search Analytics (keyword rankings), Ahrefs (link data), SEMrush (competitive data), and several other providers.
- Develop dashboards and/or visualizations of the organic search performance for our network of sites and write scripts to monitor key metrics to spot issues, uncover significant improvements, and capture high level insights on KPIs, goals and objectives (ex. using traffic data from Google Analytics, plus other tools and metrics).
- Collaborate cross-functionally across internal teams (marketing, product, technology, research, etc.) to evaluate SEO opportunities that deliver business goals via data analysis and machine learning.
- Develop and promote a data-driven approach by proactively identifying new potential analysis projects and highlight key opportunities to drive our organization forward.
- Share results of your analyses with our team members and across other relevant departments and teams. This includes the conclusions you are drawing to derive meaning from the data, and what business actions you think should be taken as a result of the analysis, plus any learnings from your analysis for how we can improve the collection and upkeep of our datasets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Analytics, Data Analytics, or Data Science, Machine Learning, or related field.
- 2+ years of in-house or agency work experience in data analysis and machine learning.
- Proficient in SQL, writing queries, reporting and presenting findings.
- Expertise in running statistical analyses using SQL, Python, R, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of data manipulation, data models, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Hands-on experience with analyzing and extracting insight from large and complex datasets.
- Familiarity with A/B testing and Multivariate testing.
- Strong competency cleansing and organizing structured and unstructured data in XML, JSON, SQL, Google BigQuery, etc.
- Ability to run automated jobs to manipulate and store data from APIs via Google Compute Engine, Google App Engine, Google Cloud Storage, EC2, S3, etc.
- Project experience creating visualizations in Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Ability to analyze existing databases and data infrastructures and provide improvement and optimizations solutions.
- Expert knowledge of Excel (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, conditional formatting, etc.)
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools.
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ) preferred.
- Proficiency with HTML5, CSS3 and front-end web programing languages.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.