One of our clients in the northeast is looking for an SEO Manager for a full-time, direct hire role. Ideally, this person will live near the Boston area, but the client might have interest in someone within the region and possibly fully remote.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone that loves all things Search and can help with website initiatives, traffic, optimization, keyword excellence, and more. You will be the client’s in-house expert on all things organic search; working with writers on keyword density, optimizing meta tags and cross-linking strategy, determining new areas for website content, and everything else that makes digital sense.
SEO Manager Responsibilities:
- Main topics of focus include - Organic traffic volume increase, Increasing Domain Authority, Ensuring backlinks growth, Optimized content aligned to main keywords, Increasing keywords that the client ranks for
- Leverage your SEO strategic planning experience to identify technical SEO and on-page content opportunities in partnership with a team of Content Marketers and technology partners while influencing and executing a strategic vision for the client’s SEO roadmap
- Manage SEO campaigns and track performance across multiple websites and blogs
- You will prioritize continuous learning, cultivate industry connections, and ensure our approach to SEO is adaptive and modernized at an enterprise scale
- Advise in optimizing page content for keyword visibility
- Update meta tags, cross-links, and other items to ensure website health
- Conduct keyword research analysis to uncover new opportunities and execute tactics to rank well for them
- Balances SEO with conversion & branding objectives
- Utilize competitive intelligence and battle for top position on search engines
- Test and optimize ad copy, landing pages, calls-to-action, etc.
- Analyze results and generate thoughtful, actionable reports for marketing leadership
- You will deeply understand metrics and levers for impact, and will clearly articulate strategic approaches, opportunities, and risks.
- Work with the development team to ensure technical SEO is strategized and executed
- Collaborate with SEM and PPC to ensure synergies and strategic alignment
- Manage the client’s SEO agency and other vendor relationships to ensure maximum results
- Help oversee and manage 2 to 3 other SEO team members
SEO Manager Requirements:
- 6+ years of experience in search marketing (SEO)
- Ability to independently manage budgets and campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and a love for data
- Experienced with most standard Search tools like Ahrefs, seoClarity, Searchmetrics, Screaming Frog, BrightEdge, Moz, WordPress, Yoast, Google Data Studio, Google Analytics, Google Search Console
- Outstanding project management and time management skills
- Collaborate with colleagues in Demand, Content, Creative, Field, Product, and other marketing areas
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB