Global company in Boston is seeking a SRE for a full time perm hire role.
We are seeking a well qualified, highly motivated candidate to join our DevOps team as Site Reliability Engineer (SRE). The DevOps team is responsible for ensuring that our platform is fast and stable for the millions of active devices it serves around the globe, while remaining agile and scalable in order to meet future demand.
We use a hybrid baremetal + cloud infrastructure, controlling as much of the stack as we reasonably can.
Daily Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the availability and speed of our production applications
- Solving alerts and decreasing manual tasks by increasing automation
- Database management (debugging, upgrades)
- Improvement of continuous integration pipelines
- Web-services troubleshooting and performance improvement
- Additional operational responsibilities
- Servers: Ubuntu (KVM, LXC and physical host)
- Cloud: AWS, GCP and OVH
- Databases: Cassandra/ScyllaDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Riak, Redis Cluster
- Configuration Management: Ansible, Terraform
- Languages: Python, PHP and Bash
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB