We are seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to join our client, a Growing Tech Firm, in the San Francisco area for a full-time perm engagement. This position will be hybrid onsite/remote when it is safe to be in person. We're looking for candidates with the following skill set and experience to fill the role.
- Work on improving database reliability and performance within the SRE team
- Work with peer SREs and software engineers to roll out changes to our production environment and help mitigate database-related production incidents
- Provide database expertise to engineering teams (reviews of database migrations & queries and query & performance optimizations)
- Design, build and maintain core database infrastructure
- Work on automation of database infrastructure
- Support and debug database production issues across services
- Have at least 3 years of experience running MySQL in large production environments
- Have at least 2 years of experience with infrastructure automation and configuration management (Ansible, Terraform, or similar)
- Have at least 3 years of experience with any object-oriented programming language in a software engineering or adjacent role
- Have experience with Python web frameworks and strong programming skills
- MySQL operation (replication, log management, etc) and internals (storage engine tuning, indexes, concurrency control, etc)
- Improve our non-production environment database creation pipeline
- Create a performance benchmarking plan to inform database performance improvements
- Automate temporal access granting for databases
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB