We are seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to join our client in the San Francisco area for a full-time perm engagement. We're looking for candidates with the following skill set and experience to fill the role.
- Lead, grow and mentor a team of experienced SREs
- Lead efforts to monitor site reliability and drive improvements to reliability and scalability
- Lead, participate in, and drive work to design, build, maintain and improve core infrastructure
- Participate in broad site architecture efforts to drive improvements to overall site scalability, performance and resilience
- 5+ years of experience in a large-scale production environment
- 3+ years of experience of people management leading and mentoring highly technical teams
- Ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders and leaders across the company
- Strong programming skills in at least 1 object-oriented language such as Python, Java, Go, Ruby, Rust, etc (you will not be writing code day-to-day, but you should be able to review code
- Hands-on experience with configuration management systems (Ansible is a plus)
- Strong familiarity with AWS
Some additional responsibilities:
- Improving the on-call and incident response process
- Participating in site architecture revamp efforts
- Driving and overseeing observability and monitoring improvements
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB