Our client, an entertainment studio, is seeking a digital Social Media Content Creator/Editor to join their team.
You will report to the Engagement Editor and be responsible for:
- Finding and developing new audiences, providing them with the right content at the right time, and building loyalty with our customers through a multi-platform strategy working with departments across a portfolio of brands including editorial, sales, product, design, business intelligence and more.
- Monitor and grow the digital audiences of multiple brands through platforms such as Apple News, Smart News, and more as a part of the Growth & Engagement team.
- Come up with innovative solutions to grow engagement on emerging platforms, acting as the “voice” for the brands on outside channels.
- Manage, educate, and motivate others to promote content internally and externally across various platforms.
- Maintain multiple editorial calendars and create cross-brand distribution plans around tentpole events as a part of team administration and communication with numerous edit, video, and graphics teams.
- Help evolve and manage voice and ensure all content is on-brand.
- Collaborate with sales, social, and video teams to align on strategy, ideate, and promote a variety of content.
- Use data and analytics to maximize the strategic value of various platforms.
- Find ways to distribute content offerings to a more diverse audience.
- Back up Growth & Engagement on-site team and other duties, when necessary.
- We are streamlining many editorial processes to improve cross-brand communications.
- You are the “voice” of the brand on emerging platforms to develop innovative and creative strategies to grow engagement.
- 1-3 years of journalism or digital newsroom experience.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and grammar skills while prioritizing a high volume of work.
- Strong editorial judgment and quick decision-making skills.
- Ability to write witty and/or compelling copy succinctly; and demonstrate sound news judgment
- Ability to work on tight deadlines at a fast pace while prioritizing goals effectively.
- A desire to experiment, measure success, and expand upon what works on new or established platforms.
- A love of writing concise and engaging copy and an avid interest in platforms, analytics, and audience development.
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple projects with ease, meet deadlines, and work under pressure in an extremely fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- A spirit of curiosity and ability to think creatively about how we deliver journalism to new audiences where they are: mobile, desktop, social, and other emerging platforms.
- An obsession with performance metrics and a bottomless well of original ideas.
- The ideal candidate is a skilled editorial strategist who combines digital audience development savvy and project management skills to create a continuously-evolving strategy.
- Seeking an excellent communicator who can move among different disciplines, lead the development of new tactics while keeping teams informed and updated, and running.
Does this sound like you apply today to get more information!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.