Our client, an entertainment studio, is seeking a digital Social Media Content Editor to join their team.
You will report to the Engagement Editor and be responsible for:
- Finding and developing new audiences, providing them with the right content at the right time, and building loyalty with our customers through a multi-platform strategy.
- Assist with promotion and distribution of news, reviews, videos and more across Media Group growing and engaging audiences on multiple brands through notifications on various platforms as a part of the Growth & Engagement team, all while shaping the voice of the brands.
- Own the relationship with audiences via push alert platforms across the web and mobile apps.
- Send push notifications for multiple brands
- Coordinate editorial calendars around tentpole events with multiple edit, video and graphics teams
- Help evolve and manage voice and ensure all content is on-brand
- Collaborate with audience development, social and video teams to align on strategy, ideate, and promote a variety of content.
- Use data and analytics in conjunction with other teams to develop tests and content strategies to maximize platforms and against content goals
- Find ways to distribute content offerings to a more diverse audience.
- Streamlining many editorial processes to improve cross-brand communications
- Curate and own the “voice” of the brand in notifications to develop innovative and creative strategies to grow engagement.
- The ideal candidate has 1-2 years of journalism and digital newsroom experience
- Exceptional writing, editing, and grammar skills while prioritizing a high volume of work
- Strong editorial judgment and quick decision-making skills
- Ability to write witty and/or compelling copy succinctly; and demonstrate sound news judgment
- Ability to work on tight deadlines at a fast pace while prioritizing goals effectively
- A desire to experiment, measure success and expand upon what works on new or established platforms
- A love of writing concise and engaging copy and an avid interest in platforms, analytics, and audience development
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple projects with ease, meet deadlines and work under pressure in an extremely fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- A spirit of curiosity and ability to think creatively about how we deliver journalism to new audiences where they are: mobile, desktop, social, and other emerging platforms.
- An obsession with performance metrics, and a bottomless well of original ideas.
- Seeking an excellent communicator who can move among different disciplines, lead the development of new tactics while keeping teams informed and updated, and moving toward a common goal of growing the audience for each of the brands.
Does this sound like you, apply today if you are interested!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.