Our client, an entertainment studio, is seeking a Social Media Design Manager to join the Digital Display Marketing team.
You will report to the Creative Director and be responsible for:
- Help manage social designers and function as a creative lead over their projects.
- Assist with concepts, creative approvals, design consistency, branding, and design systems.
- Work in collaboration with project management and stakeholders in order to hit specific benchmarks throughout the year.
- Be the primary liaison between the Creative Director and Social Media team, helping to pitch concepts to Content Strategy and executive stakeholders in both PR and Marketing, also helping to focus creative strategy and gain insights from Social Media team.
- Creative Kick-offs with Designers on various projects.
- Meet daily with Project Manager, Creative Director and Social Design team to review each day’s workload.
- Concept and create cutting edge social media ads and campaigns.
- Research different ways to motivate and inspire the team with new methodology, tips, tricks, and best practices in everything from photo manipulation and retouching to type design and production.
- Support collaboration between designer and video team, and help guide designers with best practices to create layered files that will have the best chance at a successful transition.
- Work with Designers and Creative Director to maintain and update templates and style guides on a regular basis.
- Use your design expertise to review creative files from designers, give them guidance on how to improve their designs, maintain consistency, and create the most dynamic marketing possible in a positive manner while enforcing brand guidelines.
- 5-7 years of Entertainment advertising experience.
- Able to present a solid portfolio showcasing cutting edge creative advertising with a social media emphasis.
- Solid understanding of common design issues, challenges and guidelines.
- Experience working with main social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Knowledge / experience of both Paid and Organic Social media placements within entertainment
- Understanding of metrics and platform-dependent best practices
- Familiarity with popular streaming services and current TV marketing, advertising and programming trends.
- Confidence in your marketing and design prowess, with near expert photo manipulation / comping / masking / retouching experience, and proficiency in Adobe’s Creative Suite mainly Photoshop and Illustrator.
- The desire to be an all-around leader with the temperament to listen and be a team player.
- The ability to assist with development and maintenance of internal processes, including formatting, file naming, and archiving.
- An interest in pop culture and understanding about the current trajectory of new media.
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, enthusiasm and a fine eye for detail.
- You must be able to work both independently and with a team, be able to mentor, inspire and lead others, proactively gather consensus from multiple internal stakeholders and be able to change tasks quickly based on shifts in priorities or urgent deadlines.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB