We are seeking a Software Developer to join our client's team downtown Chicago. This role, reporting to the Application Development Manager, is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The software developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
- Work with business end-users to determine requirements and propose approaches to address users' needs.
- Analyze requirements to determine the approach/proposed solution. Design and Build Solutions using relevant programming languages.
- Thoroughly test solutions using relevant approaches and tools.
- Work in a team environment to deliver business solutions.
- Problem solves to address development and production issues.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years’ experience working as an application designer and software developer working with enterprise applications.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with specific phases of the software development life cycle including requirements gathering, requirements analysis, design, development, and test.
- Technically proficient.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Ability to research software-related issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Technically fluent in programming languages, including C, Java.
- Knowledge of database design and file management techniques.
- Knowledge of Service-Oriented Architectures.
- Knowledge of Web-based Architectures
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or software engineering, and/or 8+ years equivalent work experience
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB