Our client, a top gaming company, is looking for a Software Engineer C++ for their team.
The Software Engineer will be a part of the technology creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with architects and other engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases, and tools. You will report to the Development Director and Technical Director to estimate, build, and improve technical solutions to challenging problems and provide excellent results.
- Roughly 70 to 85% hands-on coding (C++), domain ownership will be expected
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and game teams to create clear and estimable technical designs
- Deliver tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet design requirements and advance our games technologies, architecture, and workflows
- Work with 3rd party software APIs, SDKs
- Work with people on a large team both locally and remotely
- Use common software engineering design patterns and paradigms
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with C++ and Object-Oriented Programming
- Experience with the game development industry and development on game consoles or embedded systems.
- Understanding of scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and/or C#
- Experience working with online services/severs (HTTP via REST).
- Knowledge of REST-based APIs.
- Experience with 3rd party APIs.
- Experience with Visual Studio and related debugging tools.
- Experience with performance and memory profiling tools
- Experience with source control systems such as Git, Perforce, SVN
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB