Our client is seeking a solution architect who is responsible for planning, defining, and communicating the solution architecture for a functional domain or a specific project. That architecture depicts the components of the solution from an application, data, integration, infrastructure, network, security and operations aspect and the evolution of those components over time.
- Responsible for the development, ownership, and communication of the solution architecture for a project which typically entails modifying existing applications or implementing a SaaS application and integrating it with other applications
- This includes developing the application, data, integration, infrastructure, network, security and operations views of the architecture and their alignment with the business architecture
- Collaborates with enterprise domain architects to ensure integrity of solution, alignment with enterprise architecture strategies and adherence to reference architectures and standards
- Works with internal and external implementation teams in validating the feasibility of the proposed solution and providing technical guidance to those teams during implementation
- Reviews the technical design created by implementation teams and ensures its alignment with the solution architecture
- Participates in project planning and maintains related project architecture artifacts
- May provide work guidance to other architects or consultants and oversee deliverables created by them
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Business knowledge of or experience architecting solutions that support investments, actuarial and risk
- Experience working in a life insurance / annuities company is a plus
- 15+ years of experience architecting solutions encompassing various aspects of architecture such as application, integration, information, security, operations, and infrastructure
- Ability to understand and apply abstract architectural concepts at a project and enterprise level
- Experience developing applications using Azure SaaS and PaaS services is a plus
- Broad understanding of multiple technologies, reference architectures and design patterns in the areas of application, integration, information, security, operations, and infrastructure
- Experience using one or more formal architecture frameworks such as TOGAF or Zachman; certification in any of them is a plus
- Experience working with or extensive knowledge of agile methodologies and DevSecOps
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively convey architectural concepts to business and technology peers as well as senior management
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple large, complex projects with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and/or equivalent work experience, Master’s degree in Computer Science is a plus
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB