Our client is seeking a Solutions Architect to join them for a full time perm engagement.
Senior solutions architects drive technical transformation in product and engineering teams by being technical leaders. Each architect owns a focus area around some part the business or internal operations, and their technical input is essential for ensuring we empower engineering teams. They serve as both the technical champions for our transformation work and the representatives for how to build great software.
A solutions architect will have six responsibilities:
- Embody technical excellence: Craft technical designs and architectural solutions to meet business and product needs. Be a role model for the architectural ideas of other technical staff
- Awareness of the technology landscape: Provide architectural assessments of existing technologies, team deliverables, and industry developments and trends
- Experienced at software prototyping: Build software proof-of-concepts to determine the feasibility and technical risks of a proposed design, or to evaluate new technologies
- Good communicator of technical ideas: Understand, define, and communicate critical quality attributes or non-functional requirements. Simplify ideas for different audiences
- Partnership with product and engineering teams: Provide key technical inputs to product, technology, and platform roadmaps
- Peer leader for transformation and technical excellence: Collaborate and lead with other architects in the creation, adoption, and spread of company technology standards and principles for engineering teams
- Over 10 years of full-time engineering or architectural experience, with at least half of that having solutions architecture responsibilities. We are looking for people who explicitly responsible for architect solutions, who come from a technical background, and who either held an explicit architecture role or were in a technical leadership role where architecture was a core function
- Demonstrated ability to write software. While the production of software is not your primary role, technical credibility is vital for communicating effectively with engineers and demonstrating technical excellence — for example, building proof of concepts, sketching out test cases so you can experiment on, and so on
- Familiarity with modern, domain-driven modeling approaches and tools, so that you can communicate your ideas consistently. Good technical modeling doesn’t mean opening PowerPoint; it means thinking carefully about how the systems you’ll be helping teams build together will work with each other and representing that in ways that everyone can understand
- Facilitation and communication skills. You will lead internal and external stakeholders to shared understandings of complex domains and propose technical solutions. You will need to be able to communicate the merits and tradeoffs of your ideas both to technical and nontechnical executives, as well as engineers and product owners
- Demonstrated strategic thinking beyond the scope of your technical solution. Your work and designs are always part of a greater whole. Understanding how you impact other systems and people and articulating how it aligns with broader goals are important
- Expertise with Azure, the .NET CLR platform, and the C# programming language. Our company is widely deployed in both Azure and on-premises environments, and almost everything is written in C#. To be effective, you will need to be comfortable with the general concerns of distributed systems and cloud environments, and the popular technologies in this space
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB