Sports Writer / Editor
New York City, New York
Freelance | Job ID #72500 | $30 - $35 hourly | Posted 3 weeks ago
Onward Search needs a Sports Writer / Editor for a large online media company.
You’ll join the Online Content team to write and edit breaking news and trending topics on Football, Basketball, Hockey, and Baseball topics.
This is a 4-6 month extendible contract opportunity that sits remote in the Greater NYC region.
To learn more about this Sports Writer / Editor opportunity, apply now and chat with a recruiter today!
As a Sports Writer / Editor you’ll have:
A combination of editing and writing duties with responsibilities including:
- Deep understanding of fantasy football, with a working knowledge of basketball, baseball and hockey landscapes.
- Experience editing for an established sports brand and or site, with a firm grasp of AP style.
- Ability to convey fantasy advice while writing about breaking news and trending topics.
- Comfort level maintaining weekly fantasy football rankings, occasionally being a podcast guest and appearing on video.
- Understanding of advanced stats in major sports with the ability to add pertinent data to fantasy content in an easily digestible manner.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment that requires reacting to the news cycle and coordinating with teammates.
- Contribute in brainstorming meetings to help inform the content budget to ensure we deliver engaging content and fill any potential coverage gaps.
- Proactively and respectfully offer feedback to fellow writers on stories to improve the finished product.
To learn more about this Writer / Editor opportunity, apply now and chat with a recruiter today!
What’s in our benefits packages:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k Program
- Commuter Benefit
- Education Reimbursement
- Ongoing Training & Development
- *To qualify for our benefits package, you must work over 30 hours per week and the length of assignment must be a minimum of 10 weeks.
At Onward Search, our job is to find you dream jobs.
We are creatives, marketers and digital wizards who use our talents to connect talented people with the nation’s leading brands. And our relationship won’t end with your start date.
More than recruiters, we are your advocates, advisors, and employers of record. We pay weekly, make sure your needs are met, and measure our success by yours. Join us.
DE&I is not just our promise, it’s our passion.
Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment regarding race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
Have talented friends or colleagues in your network looking for their next gig? Refer them to us and earn $250!
Know somebody hiring? Refer them to us and earn $500!
Uncover more creative, gaming, marketing and tech opportunities at Onwardsearch.com
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
Pay: $30 - $35 hourly
SHARE THIS JOB
Turn on email alerts for this search