Our local client in the Morrisville NC area is seeking a SQL DBA to join them for a Contract-to-PERM hire engagement.
In this role you will be providing technical support for the database environment including maintaining the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies, and providing Information Services with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities facing the company.
- Assist in the development of methodologies for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas
- Maintain and restore SQL backups, as necessary
- Help to maximize the security scheme for the database environment, as well as monitoring for unauthorized access and changes
- Develop procedures to ensure all company data is backed up routinely and easily restored in the event of loss and/or corruption, as well as assisting in disaster recovery if necessary
- Provide training to develop technical support and applications staff to better utilize on-line processing databases environment
- Provide tools and/or reports to assist in the management of the database and transaction processing environment
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of production applications including working with applications, technical support and operations during the design, development and implementation of applications
- Develop functional and detailed design specifications, solutions for and implement large-scale projects which meet business needs
- Server-client computing and relational database environments experience
- Experience with data management and data processing flowcharting techniques
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
- 3+ years experience working in Microsoft SQL Server
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB