Onward Search is looking for a Senior Colorist to join our A-list client in Atlanta!
PLEASE NOTE: While this role sits onsite in Atlanta, candidates from outside of that market who meet the qualifications and are willing to relocate to Atlanta are encouraged to apply. Remote candidates will NOT be considered.
- This can either be direct hire or contract-to-hire role, depending on the candidate. If contract-to-hire, it would be a W2 opportunity expected to last for around 6 months on the contract before converting into a permanent role.
- We are looking for an expert Colorist who excels in creative storytelling as well as technical proficiency, ensuring visual consistency throughout the production.
- You will create and deliver content based upon requests put forth by our clients and partners, utilizing your own creative and technical prowess, experience, and talent in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- You should be independent with highly effective communication skills, the ability to lead and mentor teams and team members, and an ability to thrive in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Creativity and teamwork are key to success in this role.
- It is important to understand that there will be NO feature or series work in this role.
- Create, develop, and apply color schemes to pull shots together in a stylized, visually cohesive fashion that aligns with the brand’s voice.
- Provide original and creative solutions to picture-related issues.
- Lead, guide, and mentor a team with regard to the concept and execution of creative production goals.
- Provide advice and creative input into the overall look of each production.
- Understand the psychological effect of color and how to use color to enhance the narrative.
- Have a thorough understanding of post-production processes including file delivery formats.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical or creative issues.
- Effectively lead and produce new and innovative productions.
- Take creative risks with each project.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Motion Design, Video Production, or a similar field preferred.
- 6+ years of professional experience as a Colorist, preferably in a broadcast environment.
- Distinct and finely-honed talent to create tone, mood, and emotion through color, along with a deep understanding of color and color grades.
- In-depth experience in post-production with a specific focus on broadcast content.
- A highly conceptual thinker who isn’t afraid to bring new ideas to the table and evangelize for their implementation.
- Prior experience leading, guiding, and mentoring teams and team members.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, deadline-driven environment and work independently with minimal supervision across multiple concurrent projects.
- Natural leadership ability and an easy-going personality.
Sound like you, apply now for more info!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.