Our client, a top consumer electronics company, is looking for a Sr Content Strategist to join their team.
The Creative Strategist / Copywriter is a communication strategist with a copywriting background. You may have had experience copywriting at an agency or in-house brand, and now are at the level where you can provide strategic guidance in addition to writing.
Above all, you’re a creative thinker who can come up with innovative, new consumer marketing campaigns. You have what it takes to develop those ideas through dynamic creativity, help execute, and bring them to market.
As a member of the Experiential & Design team, you will understand our corporate and product brands, how they fit into current trends and cultural movements, and how to bring them to life in consumer marketing campaigns.
You’ll collaborate with the Experiential & Design, Research & Strategy, Digital, Social, Media, and Product Marketing teams to strategically amplify our voice across a variety of projects, ranging from digital and social to physical touchpoints.
You’ll act as a liaison between our creative teams and our ad agency partners to help translate our ideas into meaningful and achievable objectives.
You will lead a team of copywriters to translate our brand positioning, brand personality, and product-value propositions into emotionally engaging consumer-facing messaging, across campaigns, events, programs, and more.
You’ll provide upfront strategic guidance on messaging projects and give constructive feedback on copy for voice and tone as well as adherence to the project’s overarching communication goal.
- Lead communication and creative strategy for consumer campaigns during the execution phase and help guide thinking from a messaging perspective.
- Ensure corporate and product messaging is on-brand for all campaign and creative executions.
- Help manage agency partners during campaign planning, including devising a detailed communications framework that explains how to successfully reach target audiences, the goal of each piece of creativity, and the message we’re delivering.
- Work with copywriters, Strategy team, and Product Marketing team to ensure consistent messaging across all products and industries.
- Manage responsibilities and support the professional growth of a team of copywriters.
- Help guide copywriters and/or write engaging, snappy, copy for above-the-line creative assets (i.e. OOH ad copy, supers on video assets, video scripts, social captions, etc.)
- Oversee messaging across digital, website, social media, and industry platforms, to ensure they’re on-brand and consistent, including being the liaison with the rest the copy team.
- Work with the Research team on message testing and be able to offer new variations based on results.
- Work with Product Marketing to manage messaging frameworks that support our licensed technology products.
- Help manage and ensure consistency of brand guidelines.
- 8+ years of experience working on a dedicated creative team at an Ad/PR/Brand/Digital agency or in-house
- Experience with creative and communication strategy – able translate creative briefs into communication goals and then execute into consumer-facing copy
- A copywriting background for a variety of channels including but not limited to social and digital advertising, video scripts, websites, outdoor advertising, event and retail materials, websites, brand guidelines, etc.
- A portfolio demonstrating exceptional writing across diverse subject matters, styles, audiences, and mindsets. Please include an example of both short ad copy and long-form editorial writing. Please also include any successful campaign concepts and creative executions
- Familiar with agency processes and executing consumer campaigns
- Experience presenting creative concepts to clients and comfortable pitching to stakeholders at all levels
- A passion for storytelling and an ability to communicate complex ideas simply, accurately, and persuasively
- Creative thinking that works across concept, design, and writing to drive a compelling communication
- Self-motivated with excellent communication skills, an open mind, and the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams
Does this sound like you? Apply today
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB