Our client, a top financial company located in IRVINE, CA is looking to hire an INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN SPECIALIST for a 6+ month assignment. This person will design and develop a curriculum including technical, system, and financial industry content to support onboarding for an operational line of business. The successful candidate will partner with subject matter experts and stakeholders to conceptualize training design, content, and delivery methodology. As the Senior Instructional Designer, you will define curriculum learning objectives and course outline, facilitator materials, hands-on activities & environments, testing & evaluation structure, and safety and human performance tools.
Responsibilities, Skills, and Experience required:
- Designs and develops a learning curriculum using various delivery modes (eLearning, performance support tools, webinars, videos, etc.) including learning assessments and knowledge checks.
- Defines curriculum learning objectives and course outlines and develops/builds training content and materials.
- Develops and tracks metrics that provide data for measuring the effectiveness of the curriculum.
- Develops storyboards that detail instructional activities to support learning objectives.
- Develops engaging learning content through Articulate 360 products (Rise, Storyline).
- Reviews deliverables at various stages for completeness, style adherence, functionality as well as sensible course/task flow.
- Ensures high quality deliverables and efficient, effective solutions.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong graphic design skills, able to create visualizations from data and processes. The ability to create an infographic is a plus.
- Demonstrates effective facilitation and consultative skills. Proactively anticipates the needs of client groups.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead and manage projects across multiple teams or groups.
- Experience in the investment/financial industry a plus.
- Expert at using Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint), Must be able to use existing templates and follow an established style guide.
- Experience using Articulate 360 recommended, but not required.
- 7 years plus experience in instructional design and development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, or related subject is required.
- Effective English communications, written, verbal, and in a presentation format.
Apply now to learn more today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB