Onward Search is looking for a Sr. UX Design Lead for one of their premier national clients in downtown Manhattan. As a UX Lead you will be part of the process from discovery through execution, and will be part of the design process as well as mentoring other UX & Visual Designers.
This role is local to our Client's Manhattan office, and starts as soon as possible. If this sounds like an opportunity you're interested in, apply today!
What we're looking for:
- 8+ years of experience in user experience design required.
- Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs
- Effective communication of design solutions across roles & levels
- Work in iterative processes, including agile and lean methodologies
- Awareness and practical understanding of current technologies, and their application and relevance to digital experiences
- Proven understanding of responsive web & mobile application design and wireframe development
- Develop design standards in the form of journeys, storyboards, site maps, wireframes, and prototypes to ensure our digital experience flows seamlessly from one step to the next
- Prototyping skills across a variety of mediums and needs: on paper, in Keynote, Invision and other digital methods
- Collaborate on usability test plans; prepare paper and interactive prototypes and mockups — including page layout and navigational elements — to test with users • Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented, cross-functional environment
- Ability to influence others and provide thought leadership on design
- Actively listens, hears and understands what is said and not said, and with nuanced comprehension of meaning and intent
- Team work: Develops and sustains effective and cooperative working relationships with direct reports, peers, managers and other internal or external stakeholders
- Flexibility/adaptability (ability to change direction based upon team and stakeholder consensus)
- BFA or BA in related field, graduate design degree preferred
Please apply today for immediate consideration!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.