Onward Search is looking for a senior-level UX Researcher to join our prominent corporate client here in Atlanta for a long-term onsite contract opportunity! The client is looking to start someone in the next 2-3 weeks.
Please note: This is a senior-level resource and you must be comfortable, capable, and savvy while working directly with research and business partners in complex projects. You should also be experienced enough to come in and independently-run a usability (or similar basic methodology) study end-to-end.
- You will plan, coordinate and conduct user research including, but not limited to, observation lab studies, ethnographic research, iterative usability tests, phone interviews, as well as co-design, ideation and other types of workshops with groups of customers, designers and/or business stakeholders.
- You will be responsible for identifying and communicating user needs, behaviors, frustrations, confusions, and insights as well as act as the user advocate within the organization. The users include external customers as well as internal stakeholders.
- This team does a significant amount of ethnographic field research and domestic travel of up to 25% may be required.
Scope and Scale:
- This would be a 40hr/wk onsite W2 contract role expected to last 6 months initially. Extension for multiple years in 6-month increments is expected.
- All work would need to be completed onsite.
- Domestic travel of up to 25% is likely.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate user research studies leveraging various methodologies including, but not limited to, observation lab studies, ethnographic research, iterative usability tests, phone interviews, and co-design, ideation and other types of workshops
- Compile study data and conduct analysis to develop personas, behavioral patterns, user stories, actionable findings and other relevant insights to communicate the user perspective
- Prepare and present insights and user stories to infuse empathy, engagement, and passion for the human experience in design and business decision making
- Collaborate and communicate with team members and stakeholders throughout the process
- Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree in psychology, human-computer interaction, human factors or a related field. Master's or Ph.D. strongly preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in conducting primary and secondary qualitative and quantitative research including observational studies, focus groups, and similar sessions; 5+ years of experience acceptable if paired with an advanced degree.
- Prior experience serving as the sole or lead researcher on UX projects is strongly preferred.
- An ability to independently run usability (or similar basic methodology) study end-to-end
- Knowledge of methods for gathering and analyzing UX research data
- Knowledge of relevant software such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and specialized industry tools.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Deep experience in ethnographic research studies
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Apply today to learn more!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.