Our client, an entertainment company is looking to hire a Senior UX Researcher for a 12+ month opportunity located in El Segundo.
This person will be responsible for designing, conducting, analyzing, and reporting on user-centered design research, including identification of user behaviors, motivations, needs, and goals. They must have a deep understanding of user research methods and best practices. An ideal candidate can work with minimal direction and is capable of working quickly while delivering high-quality outputs.
- Lead a human-centered design research process to inform high-quality user experiences
- Design and conduct qualitative studies, including field observations and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies for existing and future products
- Design and conduct quantitative studies, such as structuring and analyzing surveys to evaluate the impact of product changes and gather insights at scale
- Advocate for the needs of our users at all levels of the organization
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, workshops and any other novel creative approaches
- Collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, product managers, data scientists, marketing and operations managers, and engineers to ensure research you deliver is integrated into every aspect of the product and provides a holistic view of our users
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Psychology, Computer Science, Anthropology, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Candidate must have examples of how they applied research experience to influence decisions at various points in the product development lifecycle
- Must demonstrate strong research skills, including research design, study moderation, and qualitative/quantitative analysis
- Must have strong experimental design, survey design, and statistical analysis skills
- Must be able to collaborate actively as part of a cross-functional project team
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have strong personal leadership skills
- Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Works well under pressure and able to meet aggressive deadlines
- Proficient in Excel, Keynote, PPT, Word, SPSS and other analytics tools
- Experienced using UserTesting, UserZoom, dscout, Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, etc.
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.