Our client, a Finance Company, is looking for a Systems Administrator to join their team for a long-term contract position.
Systems Administrator Responsibilities:
- Acts as the primary support and central point of contact for supported solutions.
- Must understand and support all aspects of often complex applications and systems.
- Responsible for uptime, reliability, and stability of supported systems.
- Produces and maintains documentation for support of systems.
- Must maintain currency in supported technologies and learn new technologies as environments change.
- Provides comprehensive administrative support for systems and applications spanning multiple business technology verticals as well as the enterprise.
- Often responsible for client and FA-facing applications, which must be stable and reliable at all times.
- Higher-level administrators may function as team leads with the responsibility of managing day-to-day activities of the team, and may lead, or participate in projects.
- This position has extensive contact with teams throughout the technology and business organizations.
- The position works closely with other technology teams to provide comprehensive solutions and support.
- May work closely with Engineers and Architects, and typically works closely with application development teams for in-house developed applications.
- Often owns technical relationships with vendors.
Systems Administrator Qualifications:
- 9+ Years Systems Administration experience - Actions may have a significant impact on business operations.
- Will typically have at least three (3) years of experience with large enterprise systems.
- High exposure areas include system stability and reliability, problem resolution, and customer service.
- Experience handling complex, ill-defined or unprecedented problems across specific technology areas as systems issues may impact business unit systems and could result in various applications being unavailable, which in some areas could result in financial loss to firms or clients.
- Strong technology skills, good communication, and documentation skills, and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Technology specialties may include web and application platforms and technologies, capacity management, availability management.
- Individuals with financial services industry experience are highly desirable.
- B.S. in Computer Science, MIS, related degree OR commensurate experience.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB