This position will serve as a multifaceted Systems Support Specialist to provide Professional NuGenesis Software Support and related activities in support of a large NuGenesis Upgrade project in a GxP environment. Excellent technical and communication skills are necessary to positively interact with customers and effectively communicate at all levels. Successful candidates will be self-starters who can independently manage their tasks and schedules, as well as coordinating schedules for multiple teams. Life science laboratories require advanced informatics solutions in order to operate effectively and efficiently. This role would be responsible for supporting researchers in the expert use of these systems. The right candidate would have laboratory experience and a background in supporting scientific applications. This position requires knowledge of Windows, Linux a significant PLUS, though not required, in order to diagnose issues and manage applications, but does not require day-to-day management (OS provisioning, OS patching, etc.).
Our Clients Laboratory Services, offers a number of Scientific and Laboratory IT Services to help labs optimize their scientific productivity with effective use of information technology. These service solutions combine scientific and technical expertise with defined project management and information technology process methodologies, to create predictable and measurable information technology outcomes regardless of instrument technology or manufacturer.
- Maintain positive, professional communications with customers, vendors, and colleagues
- Gather business requirements and troubleshoot GxP hardware and software issues in a timely manner
- Create and update GxP Documentation for compliance and quality control in support of Change Management activities
- Manage application user lifecycle management
- Accurately process and record support transactions using designated tracking software
- Perform data entry and follow up on activities for completeness and timeliness
- Stay current with training, compliance, and system information, changes, and updates
- Follow GxP standard procedures, guidelines and policies
- Provide a high level of support for applications hosted on Linux and Windows
- Work with software vendors for application troubleshooting
- Develop test/validation plans, write test protocols, and conduct necessary tests to confirm functional and design requirements and GxP compliance
- Some off-hours support may be required to install application upgrades or patches
- Candidate must have 5+ years of GxP experience and 3+ years of Waters application knowledge (NuGenesis SDMS, Empower) from an IT administrator perspective
- IT support experience with a good understanding of operating systems, networking components, data integrity, data security, and database structures
- Experience administering scientific applications in GxP Lab environments
- 2+ years Linux administration experience
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB