Our client, a leading services provider, is rapidly growing their technology team and is looking to hire a Tech Lead to drive Scrum teams of 7-10 people, work with Designers, QA and Product Managers to bring new applications to life and improve on existing products.
The Tech Lead will manage back and front end development. He or she will lead the team through technical design translating UI/UX elements, architecture implementation, and finally launch. Strong communication skills are a must given daily interfaces with key stakeholders, Scrum Master, and dev team. The Tech Lead contributes across the technology stack, from database and DevOps infrastructure that supports continuous deployment, to native apps and demonstrates leadership in product quality, technical excellence and engineering practices.
About the Job:
- Leads and coordinates with the Digital team members.
- Oversees the design and implementation and overall architecture of the application.
- Works with the Digital team to implement a robust set of services and APIs to power the application.
- Identifies business requirements and creates a plan of action with team.
- Oversees the development of reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Works with the Digital team and business users to optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Implements security and data protection.
- Coordinates with the Product Designers to translate UI/UX elements from designer to visual elements.
- Leads integration of front-end and back-end aspects of the application.
- Follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures.
- Share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years professional experience or high school diploma / GED with 7+ year work experience.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in software development, with hands-on coding within the last year.
- Experience with building consumer quality products, enabling business value through tech.
- Expert experience developing modern object-oriented APIs (e.g., REST, GraphQL, ProtoBuf) preferably using languages and frameworks like .NET/C#, Spring Boot, or NodeJS.
- Strong experience with best practices of application-based security best practices (e.g., JWT, OAuth, SAML, token-based authentication).
- Track record of having successfully delivered multiple consumer quality products end-to-end from inception to delivery.
- Ability to lead a team, coach and mentor developers on the team to drive delivery.
- Work closely with Head of Technology on delivery and engineering best practices.
- Deep expertise and experience with engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications and security.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile process.
- Must exhibit all of the below skills:
- Ability to problem solve day to day technical impediments with developers.
- Strong understanding of development best practices, agile ways of working, and architectural patterns.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to business stakeholders in non-tech language.
- Deep understanding of web technology from entering a URL in a browser to what happens next.
- Ability to define decision making process for choosing a technology stack.
- Distinct customer focus and quality mindset.
- Ability to manage own learning and contribute to functional knowledge building.
- Comfort with an iterative approach to architectural design.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions.
- Excellent communication skills with strong ability to influence senior executives on technology decisions through different influencing tactics.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage expectations and conflicts effectively and not get overwhelmed by pressures on team.
- Enjoys and gets energized by complex problem solving and ability to push the innovation on solutions.
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB