Our client, a financial tech company, is looking for a Senior Project Manager of Technology to join their team immediately for a remote role. This is a contract position but has the likelihood to be expanded based on performance and need.
- Conducts preliminary investigation for all project requests by reviewing requirements and specifications and testing and by reviewing support and training plans to ensure they are aligned with organizational priorities, business plans, and objectives
- Provides a proactive interface between project stakeholders and the senior management team to ensure complete and accurate definitions of business requirements and delivery of business applications
- Identify, define, and documents complex business and technical requirements, processes and deliverables
- Develop, prepare, present, and maintain project plans including staffing requirements, cost estimates, detailed budgets, work breakdown structures and schedules
- Performs project risk assessments, including identifying key risk factors, providing effective mitigation strategies, and assigning contingency action plans to both schedules and budgets
- Manages projects and teams, including applying established methodologies, using change control templates and processes; managing time and recording activities using defined scheduling tools; monitoring budgets; coordinating resource acquisition and utilization; serving as a liaison with internal customers and external suppliers, and communicating regularly with project stakeholders.
- Delivers systems on appropriate platforms in compliance with established technology standards, including monitoring testing, executing quality assurance checks and ensuring information technology acceptance criteria are met prior to implementation
- Identify and understand issues, problems, opportunities and compare data from different sources to draw conclusions
- 12+ Years Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or applicable degree and seven years of experience including project management, enterprise implementation, leadership experience, strategic planning, business acumen, applications development, and change management or a combination of education, training, and experience
- PMP or equivalent certification is highly preferred. Knowledge of the following:
- Application development and project life cycle methodologies and standards
- Project selection and approvals; budgeting and business case preparation and analysis; and project initiation and planning, including work breakdown structures and forecasting
- Concepts of risk management, issue tracking, change management, and requirements gathering
- Information technology support and technical documentation
- Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations
- Business planning and analysis
- Project budget interfaces with other accounting systems
- Ability to clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
- Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas
Onward Search is a recruitment agency that helps talented people find employment without sacrificing fulfillment. In the creative, marketing, and technology space, we offer transformative opportunities at some of the world’s most recognizable brands.
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB