Global client in Palo Alto is seeking a Technical Writer to join them for a contract opportunity with long term potential.
This person will:
- * Write and QA all of the text for new console.
- * Update the existing user-facing documentation, to reflect all of the console changes in the docs.
- * Write user-facing text for approximately 100 error messages.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable working with software engineers, development managers and program managers - and be proactive about gathering requirements from them.
The candidate will also be expected to offer suggestions on how to improve the existing text, on the screen and in the documentation.
- Experience designing and delivering documentation for software developers.
- Experience working directly with development teams.
- Experience with XML-based publishing systems
- Previous experience working with database products, especially SQL solutions (such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, or SQL Server).
- Experience with web services and related technologies.
Does this sound like you, apply now to learn more!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.