Technology company based in the Reston, Virginia area is seeking an experienced Technical Artist to join them on a full time perm basis. This role would require someone onsite immediately (precautions are in place during Covid)
The role requires a skilled artist with a strong understanding of material creation, lighting, rigging, and scripting for Unreal Engine and Maya.
Ideally, you have a solid grasp of motion capture technologies and how to integrate those into an Unreal Engine pipeline.
- 2+ years of experience as a tech artist in a production environment
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your technical artwork
- Proficient understanding of Unreal 4, particularly in regards to materials and animation/mo-cap workflows
- Interest and working knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Mel, and UE4 Blueprints
- The desire to focus on photo-realistic characters and environments
- Excellent time management, and the desire to build a pipeline from the ground up
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to develop and adhere to logical file structures and naming conventions
- In-depth knowledge of Maya, Substance Painter, and ZBrush
- Ability to model, texture, and light objects with a good eye for quality design and impressive presentation
- Understanding of rigging and associated workflows
- Capable of solving complex problems and distilling new information to other team members
- Knowledge of FaceWare and mo-cap systems is a plus
- Work with the lead artist to develop shaders and a pipeline to convert offline rendered characters into Unreal at a high level of quality
- Setup and troubleshoot a motion-captured workflow for Unreal engine
- Develop scripts and tools to streamline the artistic process
- Determine ways to push the level of quality and efficiency for a production environment
- Create documentation and work with artists in the studio to align the pipeline for Unreal based motion capture
- Solve problems and develop workarounds to issues as they arise
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB