Onward Play is seeking a talented Technical Artist who is passionate about next-generation gaming technologies. The ideal candidate has expert-level knowledge in UE4. They’ll be working directly with design, development, and an art director to create and implement character, effects, and in-game elements in AR/VR/XR, PC, and 3D mobile games. We’re looking for a problem solver who loves creating 3D character rigs and facial controls. They should also be experienced with implementing real-time optimization of assets, particles, and animation controls through blueprints in UE4.
- 5+ years’ rigging/skinning characters in Maya on a shipped MMO, mobile, PC, or console game.
- Portfolio or Demo Reel with a shot breakdown showing rigging/simulation and technical proficiency.
- Understanding of Game production best practices and knowledge in one development scripting language such as Python, MEL, C#, or C++.
- Recent hands-on experience rigging realistic humanoid characters and creatures (FPS rigs a plus), with expertise in character skinning, physics, and technical workflows.
- Recent experience using custom tools, and a wide suite of content authoring tools currently used in the industry.
- The ideal candidate will need debugging skills, the ability to fix and troubleshoot workflow issues in artist software, version control systems, and rendering issues within game engines.
- Ability to create art content that is performant for runtime and appropriate for modern mobile & console game hardware.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with multiple disciplines.
- Strong ability to work independently.
- Experience supporting art teams in a game development environment.
- Demo materials link is required & should include sample visuals of characters, projects, rigs or production tools.
- BFA, BA, or Computer Science degree or equivalent on the job experience.
- Experience with Maya, Unity, and Unreal Engine (including Unreal’s A.R.T. rigging system) and/or Advanced Skeleton.
- Visual scripting experience a plus = Unreal’s blueprint system.
- Extensive Unreal 4 blueprint or Unity 5 experience scripting.
- Experience with rigging cloth & hair in a real-time engine.
- Experience creating complex materials in Unity or Unreal game engines within technical limits/constraints.
- Experience with Android OS and Android application development.
- Experience working on AAA games as a technical artist.
- Experience with VR and AR mobile limitations and requirements.
- Passionate about gaming, well versed in modern game design techniques and best practices.
Preferred: A BS in Computer Science or BFA or BA degree in art, design graphics, or have received equivalent on-the-job experience.
Apply now to learn more!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB