Onward Search is hiring an experienced Technical Illustrator to work for an international company in Greensboro, NC!
Required Abilities and Knowledge
- Create line art and illustrate isometric parts for use in technical service manuals, operator manuals, user manuals, parts catalogs, or other related publications.
- Experienced with ISODraw, Adobe Illustrator, AutoCAD and Pro-E programs.
- Restructure CAD files for Illustrated Parts Lists/Assembly manuals.
- Be able to work from a variety of input such as engineering drawings and parts/data, digital photographs, sketches, and CAD drawings.
- Experienced in interpreting blueprints and detailed engineering specifications.
- Be familiar with schematics (electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic).
- Exhibit strong attention to detail and be an excellent communicator, verbally and through graphic visualizations.
- Be able to work well independently or within a team; manage time well.
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in technical illustration is preferred.
- Experience researching engineering data from database and other resources.
- Knowledge of aircraft systems and technical documentation, including parts catalogs, repair/service manuals, operator manuals, and installation instructions.
- Knowledge of Adobe Framemaker, version 7.0.
- Strong mechanical background.
- Create technical illustration of aircraft equipment, hardware, and systems using engineering drawings, bill of materials, and 3-D solid models.
- Create exploded isometric illustrations for aircraft and component maintenance manuals.
- Illustrate procedures for equipment installation, assembly, and repair from a variety of input such as digital photographs, sketches, CAD drawings and engineering drawings and parts.
- Collaborate with technical writers, technical training developers, product engineers, manufacturing, and a variety of other internal customers to research and create illustrations and graphics.
- Ensure accuracy of content and manage illustration files.
- CURRENT PORTFOLIO/WORK SAMPLES
APPLY TODAY TO SPEAK WITH A RECRUITER TO LEARN MORE!!