Our client, a top financial company, is looking for a Technical Project Manager to manage multiple and/or large projects significant impact on business processes and technology used firm wide.
Influences strategic direction and develops tactical plans with substantial latitude. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems and has extensive contact with internal clients and the business. Manages complex projects from proposal and requirements definition to project planning and implementation, using broad and extensive input from industry and/or business unit subject matter experts.
- Conducts preliminary investigation for all project requests by reviewing requirements and specifications and testing and by reviewing support and training plans to ensure they are aligned with organizational priorities, business plans and objectives
- Provides a proactive interface between project stakeholders and senior management team to ensure complete and accurate definitions of business requirements and delivery of business applications
- Identifies, defines and documents complex business and technical requirements, processes and deliverables
- Develops, prepares, presents and maintains project plans, including staffing requirements, cost estimates, detailed budgets and work breakdown structures and schedules
- Performs project risk assessments, including identifying key risk factors, providing effective mitigation strategies and assigning contingency action plans to both schedules and budgets
- Manages projects and teams, including applying established methodologies, using change control templates and processes; managing time and recording activities using defined scheduling tools; monitoring budgets; coordinating resource acquisition and utilization; serving as a liaison with internal customers and external suppliers; and communicating regularly with project stakeholders
- Delivers systems on appropriate platforms in compliance with established technology standards, including monitoring testing, executing quality assurance checks and ensuring information technology acceptance criteria is met prior to implementation
SKILLS + REQUIREMENTS:
- 9-12 years of experience including: project management, enterprise implementation, leadership experience, strategic planning, business acumen, applications development, and change management or combination of education, training and experience
- **Highly preferable for experience in technology infrastructure projects coupled with application upgrades (e.g. an application upgrade also involves server upgrades including OS and virtualization from standalone servers, may include database upgrades including data migrations with empasis on SQL and Oracle, migration from on premises to Cloud infrastructure, etc.)
- PMP or equivalent certification highly preferred
- Knowledge of the following:
- - Application development and project life cycle methodologies and standards
- - Project selection and approvals; budgeting and business case preparation and analysis; and project initiation and planning, including work breakdown structures and forecasting
- - Concepts of risk management, issue tracking, change management and requirements gathering
- - Information technology support and technical documentation
- - Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations
- - Business planning and analysis
- - Project budget interfaces with other accounting systems
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions
- Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences
TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE:
- Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise
- Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
- Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships
- Highly preferred: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or applicable degree; however undergraduate degree in other disciplines acceptable if advanced degree in Business, Computer Science, MIS or other applicable degree is held, and work experience and skills demonstrate expertise in technology project management disciplines
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB