Our client, a top finance company, is looking for a Technical Writer for an 8 month contract.
This position leads all aspects of technical writing for Exactuals PaymentHub and related software and Web products. In addition to being a clear and engaging writer, a successful candidate will be analytical, customer-focused, and detail-oriented. This individual will work with cross-functional teams to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of Exactuals PaymentHub and related products. This individual will also be charged with enhancing existing technical writing and communication processes.
- Fully understand functionalities, benefits, and usage of Exactuals PaymentHub and related products
- Participate in project and skill group meetings to ensure that documentation is an integral part of product development, delivery and launch processes
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing, Customer Success, and Engineering to produce public-facing documentation including user guides, integration guides, functional specifications, case studies, technical white papers, release notes, FAQs, etc.
- Collaborate with Product, Customer Success, and Engineering to produce internal documentation
- Provide estimates for timelines of documentation deliverables
- Present or communicate deliverables to a stakeholder audience such as a Product Manager, Customer Success Manager, Engineering Lead, or Client
- Create, evangelize, and oversee technical writing and communication processes
- Take charge of, consolidate, and build on existing documentation repository
- Support other departments with technical writing and communication expertise
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to write with cogency and style
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in writing technical materials
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in writing technical materials for software, Web, and/or computer technologies
- Ability to document product functionality clearly for external and internal audiences
- Ability to create user guides, case studies, technical white papers, release notes, and internal documentation
- Ability to create and evangelize technical writing and communication processes
- Comfortable taking initiative and working with people of all technical levels in a team environment
- Experience working with cross-disciplinary teams across the organization including engineering, IT, customer support, marketing, etc.
- Mastery of documentation source version control
- Familiarity with the following tools: Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio), Atlassian Jira, Atlassian Confluence, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, GitHub
- Experience with SaaS and/or banking technologies (preferred)
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB