Our San Diego-based Bio/Pharma client is seeking a scientific TECHNICAL WRITER to oversee and contribute to the process of verifying & validating documentation with regard to this client and their products. This includes writing reports, spec documents, process summaries, etc. This role works directly with the client's research & development teams. Collaborating with other teams is as important as writing and disseminating information.
- Organizational and time management skills highly sought
- Able to interpret quality and regulatory standards as well technical risk assessments
- Knowledge of industry-leading publications standards
- Expert with grammar, spelling, editing
- Able to describe complex scientific data
- Prefer someone who is well-versed in scientific terminology, principles, and publishing standards
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently on several projects at once and work with a variety of teams, making sure all their requests are met with perfection
- Positive, solution-finding attitude needed
- Solid understanding of the principles of tech writing, creating a collaborative document, experience with content management
- Manage document reviews and approvals
- as per established approval process within project schedule
- Experience working in Content Management Systems
- BA (or higher) pref in Chemistry, Biochemistry, bioengineering, molecular biology, or genetics
- 2-5 (+) years as a technical writer in a science field (biotech, medical device, scientific equipment) focused on scientific or regulatory writing
- Knowledge of Adobe CS, Acrobat, Word, Visio, Excel & PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SAP or ERP systems and understand how to process final documentation
- Fast Learner
- Open to being available to teams in Singapore which can make meeting times as late as 6pm
- Able to deliver documents that adhere to ISO and FDA standards and European regulatory
- English proficiency and excellent grammatical, writing, and editorial skills are required
- Experience writing documentation for RUO, LDT and IVD product development projects
- Experience with assay characterization and automated reporting
- SAP and Confluence preferred
Must be at least 18 years old. Onward Search is a drug-free workplace. Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.