Onward Search has a new exciting opportunity with a big eCommerce client. The opportunity is for a Technical Writer that can start immediately onsite at our client’s office in Boston, MA. Our client is looking for a candidate that can produce high-quality work and thrive in a fast-paced and growing environment. If this sounds like you, apply today!
- Collaborate with project management and internal engineering teams as well as 3rd party partners to develop new content for job training (online knowledge checks etc.).
- Produce and maintain electronic work instructions for all product lines installed in the field.
- Proactively update department internal wiki page with the latest information and make changes as necessary.
- Initiate department-wide communication of updates to processes and documentation by recording and publishing the change in bulletin form.
- Deliver how-tos, user guides, and other documentation as needed.
- Take a complicated sequence of tasks and break them down to easy-to-understand, bite-sized steps.
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering, English, Business, Communications, or other technical communication-related field preferred).
- Must have at least 2 years of relevant technical writing experience (5 or more years preferred).
- Deep knowledge of manufacturing or technical process documentation.
- Capable of creating and structuring “App-based” work instructions through an online interface.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and be challenged.
- Must be self-driven and motivated with a great work ethic.
- Ability to work independently.
- Understanding of manufacturing/technical processes and can write instructions that guide an associate through a workflow.
- Ability to interact with SMEs.
- Not afraid to ask questions as necessary.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.