Fortune 500 company is currently seeking a Technical Writer (Temporary) to work at their processing facility in Holland, MI. Successful candidates must be willing to contribute improvements suggestions and ideas to help continue the success of our facility. Ideal candidates must be safety and quality orientated along with demonstrate adaptability and willingness to work in a team orientated, fast paced work environment. This position requires individuals to perform general production duties in a food manufacturing environment following strict quality and safety standards.
• 2 years documenting and standardizing procedures
• Two to five years of manufacturing experience preferred
• Basic training principles and methods including designing training materials.
Under minimal supervision, the Technical Writer develops detailed written documents across all departments in the factory to establish or improve a process, policy, or training material.
A successful candidate in this role is a fast learner, likes to observe and recommend changes to improve their jobs. Feels comfortable working with Microsoft programs and translating material.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Computer literacy, including proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, and SAP and any new required factory systems. Ability to learn new computer applications
• Ability to utilize digital camera including downloading of photos
• Performing Good Sanitation Practices (GSP’s) when handling equipment
• Must follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
• Perform all required observations and training timely and as scheduled
• Support Plant Quality Systems
• Responsible to follow FSQ requirements such as GMP’s and other daily/job specific duties to support QRMP
• Experience training end users on software programs
• Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English. Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred
• Must be able to understand and follow directions
• Must be able to demonstrate good attendance and work on all shifts, as required
• Ability to work up to twelve (12) hour shifts to satisfy business needs
SHARE THIS JOB
Onward Search helps connect creative, marketing, and technology talent with top jobs at the nation's most recognized companies and digital agencies. We offer a full range of recruitment and staffing solutions to include freelance / contract, temp-to-perm, and permanent placement.