Our client, a Manufacturing company, is seeking a Technology support engineer to join them for a long term contract engagement outside Charlotte North Carolina.
- The Technology Support Engineer will be responsible for the coordination of the technology service delivery to the business units in the region through internal resources and external technology partners to ensure agreed SLA’s are met
- Will be responsible for effective support of all local applications in the region through internal resources or technology partners as well as for the implementation of a consolidation roadmap
- Liaison with Global Technology Support Groups and external vendors including managed services to ensure Global SLAs and operational KPI’s are met
- Engage with Regional and Global technology management to align technology implementations to global strategies
- Manage local / regional vendor liaison and ensure renewal of contracts of expiry.
- Manage partner relationship for materials, services and projects and ensure SLAs are met.
- Ensure timely ordering and distribution of consumables, media, stationary and spares to users across locations.
- Ensure proper safekeeping and retrieval of licenses, contracts and other documentation on SharePoint.
- Coordinate with site contacts
- Receive incoming courier packages, statutory communication addressed to the technology function
- Make any statutorily required filings, payments on behalf of the technology function
- Liaison with local service provider requiring personal visit for voice lines maintenance
- Maintenance of air conditioners, access control and security systems in technology
- Assist in arrangement of events and conferences
- Coordinate Computer lease ordering and returning of leased units
- Collaborate with Technology team members to order project requirements at the most cost effective rates
- Coordinate purchase requisitions/Orders and insure receipts
- Collect and publish movement plans of Technology team members
- Ensure proper induction of new Technology personnel
- Keep safe Technology assets returned by users until reassignment.
- Ensure adherence to laid down procedures in disposal of retired Technology assets, collect and deposit payments.
Governance & Control
- Prepare and maintain paperwork for assets acquisition approvals, ordering, movements and disposal
- Ensure proper capitalisation of Technology purchases in the Asset Register
- Ensure adherence to assets value guidelines in disposal of Technology assets
Local applications support
- Responsible to support the critical local applications in order to ensure business continuity.
- Ensure the local applications and developments maintain compliance to all relevant Global data protection, financial and legal requirements. Suggest migration paths to newer technologies or Global solutions.
- Coordinates with Technology Support teams and external vendors to arrange appropriate hardware, commercial software and operating systems for local applications.
- Technology functional experience 6+yrs
- Extensive knowledge of regional delivery models
- Experience in working with global/virtual teams
- · Experience in supporting end users, processing and handling complaints and properly managing users/customer expectations and service commitments
- Deep Knowledge of Operating System running the specific systems (i.e. Windows server)
- Significant knowledge in networks (LAN/WAN) and main tools for troubleshooting.
- Good knowledge of MS SQL Server, MYSQL Server
- Good knowledge of Dyehouse solutions, Dispensing, Dyeing, Dyeing procedures, Dataflow in the Factory
- Good knowledge on programming skills
- A good working knowledge of cutting edge technologies such as unified communications, networking and security technologies, as well as an in-depth
- ITIL certifications
- Strong manufacturing industry experience
- Experience with automated application provisioning tools
- Service Now
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB