Onward Search has an awesome opportunity for a freelance UI Designer with one of our best clients in Richmond, Virginia. This client is seeking a UI Designer that is a curious individual and can demonstrate a passion for learning. This individual should also have a passion for solving complex problems and are human-centered in their approach to design and feel comfortable advocating for user needs.
This freelance UI Designer position has an immediate start onsite at our clients Richmond, Virginia office. If you want to thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued, apply today!
- Collaborate with teaching leads, product managers, developers, system architects, and design teams on design and testing of validated product concepts.
- Lead the transformation of Validated UX concepts into useable, accessible and delightful user interfaces.
- Build empathy and be an advocate for our costumers through participation in human-centered research and design.
- Translate user needs, style guides, and requirements into elegant solutions for complex problems.
- Leverage analytics tools to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making.
- Utilize Lean and Agile methodologies.
- Present design concepts to designers, product and tech partners.
- Be a leader and mentor; you’ll challenge, grow and mentor designers and contribute to fostering a collaborative team spirit.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of experience with UI Design, AND working with large Enterprise teams
- Strong knowledge of or experience with Data visualization
- At least 1 year of experience using Sketch
- At least 1 year of experience with prototyping and using tools such as InVision
- At least 3 years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to generate ideas and prototype concepts that are anchored in research insights, subject knowledge, technology requirements, and business goals.
- An exuberant passion for the power of strategic design and an “anything is possible” mindset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- At least 2 years of experience with Data Visualization
- At least 7 years of experience with visual design
- At least 2 years of experience with prototyping and using tools such as InVision
- At least 2 years of agency experience
- Experience working closely with developers and system architects
- At least 1 year of experience with Design Thinking, Lean UX, or similar framework that focuses on defining user needs early
- Experience with illustration and storyboarding
Apply now to learn more today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.