We are looking for someone with extensive digital and usability design experience that can be a great partner to both business and technology teams. The ideal candidate will operate as the UI Design lead for high profile and priority applications – responsible for delivering best-in-class solutions in collaboration with UX researchers, UX Designers and supporting other UI Designers.
What is your typical day?
- You will be collaborating with project teams comprised of business and technology stakeholders at all levels
- You will be creating high-fidelity UI design, and prototypes using modern design tools
- You will be sharing your work with designers, developers, and stakeholders across multiple teams
- You will work closely with a UX Lead to convert their work into UI solutions
- You will partner closely with product teams to advise on best practices which include design system standards and accessibility compliance
- You will be collaborating with other UX designers and researchers offering advice and constructive feedback on design/usability reviews
- You will be mentoring and overseeing the work of junior designers
- You will partner with the design system team to create new components and standards used throughout the organization
- You will participate in reviews and usability test sessions
- Creating detailed visual designs leveraging our design system
- Working with project teams and designers to deliver solutions that resonate with users
- Working with business analysts + developers to define user stories and product backlogs
- Participating in usability research to iterate and refine your designs
- Presenting your ideas to stakeholders and advocating on behalf of the user
- Working with developers to realize and polish user interfaces
- Actively contributing and using our common design language + design systems
- Mentoring and offering guidance to junior designers
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction/Interface Design, Graphic Design, Technology Communications or related discipline from a major accredited college or university
- 10+ years or equivalent compelling experiences as a designer for enterprise software, responsive web applications, mobile apps, and defining in-house style guides & documenting standards.
- 5+ years of experience with modern design tools – Figma, Sketch, Invision, or equivalent.
- A balance of creativity, productivity + a passion for elegant, simple, emotionally rich design
- Excellent communication, listening, and negotiation skills with clients and senior executives- write, speak and present information effectively, persuasively, and confidently in a variety of communication/corporate settings
- Strong understanding and commitment to usability and user-centered design principles/methods; including experience in a variety of usability evaluation techniques such as usability testing, contextual interviews, and heuristic evaluations
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB