Onward Search has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. UI Frontend Developer with a leading design agency in SF. This is a 40 hrs/wk contract role.
This person should have spent at least five years sharpening their skills and constantly keep up-to-date with the latest technical trends, tools and techniques. As passionate as you are meticulous, you will always apply coding best practices to your work; adhere to specified coding standards and style guides; and help us further the evolution of the companies own development standards and practices.
- Help design beautiful experiences that transform the world around us
- Apply creative problem solving to all you do
- Move between rapid prototyping/creating proofs of concept to create the initial coded expression of a solution, to participating in the build and delivery of solutions for production and the performance, scalability, security, and other factors enterprise applications demand
- Work closely with Back End Developers, UX Designers, Visual Designers, and Product Leads to deliver compelling web and mobile experiences for our clients and their users
- Occasionally work onsite in client offices, collaborating with both client / 3rd Party engineers as part of the broader team
- Work flexibly, proactively, and collaboratively with team members from multiple disciplines
- Present your work and communicate thought and reasoning behind it to all audiences, internal and external
- Object-Oriented Programming and Functional Programming principles and benefits/trade-offs
- DOM manipulation, Shadow DOM
- XHR, AJAX, JSON, API development/consumption (concepts and outside of specific framework implementations)
- Rich interactions including CSS and JS animations, Canvas, SVG Frameworks/Libraries
- Cross browser/platform/device development
- Responsive mobile-first web development
- Familiarity debugging browser inconsistencies, both visual and functional
- SVGs and Icon Fonts
Advanced (5+ years) HTML and CSS:
- Semantically correct and valid code a must
- Responsive layouts and various grid systems
- Accessibility (WCAG 2.1 up to AAA)
- Complete understanding of HTML5 tags and attributes
- Complete understanding of CSS3 (Media Queries, Pseudo Classes, 3D
- Transforms, Advanced Selectors, performance)
- Build tools/workflow:
- Development such as GIT, Gulp, Grunt, NPM, Browserify, RequireJS
- CSS precompilers (Sass, Bourbon, etc)
- Developing on Cloud Environments (AWS, Google Cloud, Heroku) and build pipelines and tools
- Work types:
- Rapid prototyping
- Exploratory research (without over-engineering or rabbit-holing)
- Significant agile (Scrum/Kanban) / iterative development experience
- Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- Familiarity with tools like Figma, Zeppelin,
- Ability to slice and prep assets / production design
- Pixel-perfect design implementations
Bonus points for:
- Native mobile app development (Swift preferred, Objective-C or Java as
- Python experience, and at a minimum an interest in learning
- Familiarity with ES6, Promises, Shadow DOM, Block Scoping, etc
- Familiarity with Google Cloud specifically (developing for App Engine, using
- Cloud Storage to host assets, etc)
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB