One of our favorite Fortune 500 client has started ramping back up and has immediate needs for Senior Mobile Visual Designers! If you are a Native Mobile Designer and interested in joining a growing corporate company with a ton of potential for career growth, continue reading!
Company's rapidly growing User Experience and Design Group is looking for a highly motivated, UX Visual Designer who will be responsible for crafting an innovative design system for various responsive web, mobile platforms and marketing experiences. Our ideal candidate possesses a broad understanding of multiple design avenues but is focused and thrives in the discipline of Visual Design & Design Systems. You can expect to work closely with Lead Designers and take on responsibilities that push you to learn and grow your skills. A passion for user centered design is a must.
The Experience Design team is a multi-disciplinary group that designs user interactions and experiences with devices, systems and services that provide a positive, engaging and productive experience. The team is made up of Experience Designers, UX Writers, UX Researchers, Front-end Engineers, and Visual Designers who work together to design delightful experiences.
The team is responsible for applying knowledge of user-centered design methods, human-computer interaction and industry best practices to drive useful and usable interface design solutions
Are you able to?
- Work across several teams to design the visual style of UI components
- Understand how completed designs can be distilled down into individual elements
- An ability to see how patterns can be used across an enterprise. Along with potential for future iterations or improvements
- Strong prioritization skills
- Understanding of UI best practices, standards, and nomenclature and how they contrast and overlap
- Design beautiful and smart responsive web and native mobile solutions that delight consumers
- Focus on both conceptual and detail design
- Understand and interpret brand and business needs, and transform them into innovative, creative and results-oriented digital solutions
- Create & iterate visual design deliverables under the guidance of Lead Designer
- Ensure design consistency and quality across multiple digital channels
- Brainstorm big ideas in a group setting and express your opinion
- Effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines
- Maintain relevancy in the field by monitoring digital trends, attending workshops and joining professional groups
Education & Experience
- 2-5 years of mobile/visual design experience in a collaborative environment
- Bachelor's degree in visual or graphics design, BA in related field, or equivalent work experience
- Strong portfolio demonstrating high-caliber visual communication, web, mobile design and production skills
- Fluent in Sketch, Zeplin and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience designing responsive websites as well as native mobile (iOS and Android)
- Knowledge of existing designs systems and methods such as material design, atomic design and Apple’s user interface guidelines
- An understanding of user-centered design in UX patterns
- Ability to work within brand guidelines to create compelling visual solutions
- Collaborate effectively with Information Architecture to translate wireframes into works of art
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Highly motivated, positive and a passionate team player
- Ability to work collaboratively and think flexibly
- Naturally curious, empathetic, humble and passionate about human-centered design
- Ability to work across multiple methodologies and processes and help to improve upon them
- Organized and able to manage personal and project timetables
- Engaging and effective communicator of ideas
- Keep up to date in respective fields by monitoring trends, attending workshops and conferences, joining professional groups, and sharing craft and successes
- Inspire others with enthusiasm and work ethic
Bonus skills (not required):
- Illustration capabilities
- Motion and micro animation
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, now is the time to apply below. This opportunity will move quickly and you don't want to miss out!
When applying, please make sure to include a portfolio link that speaks to your Native Mobile Design experience.
**Sorry, no C2C or Sponsorship is available for this opportunity!**
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB