Our client, a video game company, is seeking a UI/Visual Designer to join the team. We're looking for candidates with the following skill set and experience to fill the role.
You will be responsible to:
- Develop and execute visuals and UI to support new game modes and events and products.
- Work with other visual designers and your art lead, you will develop style guides and improve upon our existing UI work in and around the game.
- Work cross-functionally to execute the creative vision and strategy for your initiative
- Create visually balanced and intuitive interfaces that show a strong grasp of readability, hierarchy, platform, and player behavior patterns
- Extend themes throughout the project establishing style guides and conventions
- Understand concepts and processes behind the guides, but also know when to break the rules
- Collaborate with art, game design, and UX design to create a compelling visual experience that meets the goals for player interaction
- Create assets through each stage of development, driving the development of concepts from early ideation to implementation in-game engine
- Use a deep knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory, and illustration to create a seamless player experience
- Possess a growth mindset, seeking mentorship from the discipline artists and community
- Establish the quality bar for your discipline
- 5-7 years of professional experience as a Visual Designer, UI Designer, or UI Artist
- Hands-on experience contributing to a major feature, game, product launch, or entertainment property through the craft of visual communication design.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC products including photoshop
- Knowledge of the game development pipeline including optimization, localization, implementation
- Experience in Figma
- Familiarity with Unity
- Experience in a secondary area such as motion graphics, illustration, animation, or modeling is a plus
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB