Designers at this client are always well rounded with a generalist attitude. They understand the whole design process with a deep understanding and practitioner skills in IA, UX or UI design. Being tasked to make actual things rather than just pictures of things. Constantly evolving and self-teaching skills as they are needed. They are passionate about the intersection between Design, UX and Front End and the possibilities for innovation at those boundaries. To do this they work in mixed discipline highly collaborative teams, committed to building better experiences.
What You’ll Do
Senior UX Designers support the Lead Designers to deliver high quality project work, support the evolution of best practise and standards. They are able to lead small and medium projects with minimal oversight and provide solid support on large projects. As Senior Designer, you will:
- help develop and implement strategic thinking with the project team and offer advice and guidance to clients
- be an active, motivated and inspired member of the team
- line manage, direct and guide junior members of the team.
About the Role
As Senior Designer you will have been developing responses to complex digital ecosystem problems for 5+ years within an agency or design studio. You will therefore have good experience and competency across of a wide range of design tools, design software, techniques, UX methodologies and processes - and know when to use them. Your deep specialist knowledge of UX design will help ensure the highest quality output, rooted in a deep understanding of your audience. ?Your key tasks and responsibilities will be to:
- Help formulate design strategy and turn it into actionable UX
- Take a systematic and pragmatic approach to UX design
- Develop and produce artefacts across the full design spectrum as required by projects ?(sketches, prototypes, storyboards, annotated wireframes, experience maps and narrative)
- Take and understand direction from others, as well as give clear direction
- Eloquently and simply present, explain and justify design solutions and decisions tomultidisciplinary teams and clients
- Build and manage relationships with internal teams and clients.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Be able to use the usual design and prototyping software to a high standard (Such as: Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Invision, Axure, Omnigraffle, Sublime/Atom, Keynote, pen and paper) + any you can introduce us to
- Be a highly skilled and experienced designer covering the full UX spectrum
- Be able to help plan, develop and execute user research to inform design decisions
- Be able to confidently sketch journeys and interfaces in collaborative teams and plan and run workshops with clients.
- Be able to lead and stimulate discussions about design concepts and approaches, demonstrating an ability to think creatively
- Be able to have full and frank conversations, employing sensitivity and robustness in equal measure
- Give and receive critical feedback and praise
- Understand the scope you are working to, define project activities, estimate effort and ask for help when needed
- Actively seek out peer input, knowing when to defend and when to flex
- Be able to propose early design hypothesis as a starting point for collaborative iteration (happy being publicly wrong too)
- Be aware of limits of knowledge and able to self-challenge; open to counterbalancing input from others
- Actively contribute to project debate, and unify behind the teams decision
- Be self-taught, understand new things by trying them, doing them, building them
- Seek out opportunities to learn from other disciplines.
The Big Plus
We would be delighted if you:
- Have primary research skills
- Have a working knowledge of coding/ visual design chops
- Are an active member of the design communit
- Have experience working on pitches and new business proposals.
About You ?
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
- Is delightfully non-ego driven
- Is full of energy and passion for what they do
- Is constantly learning by teaching themselves and challenging their own thinking
- Makes others around them better by consciously teaching and unconsciously inspiring
- Has a strong work ethic, is well organised, can manage complexity across multiple projects
- Has an eye for detail and ‘good enough’ never is
- Is an exceptional communicator
- Is collaborative, friendly, ‘hunchy’ with bags of initiative.
Get in touch. Chaslam@onwardsearch.com Apply
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.