Small video game developer and publisher with the mission of developing games with integrity and heart is looking for a Senior VR Engineer. This role can be direct hire or temp-to-perm.
This position will work with the lead engineer, creative director, designers, and programmers on the game’s gameplay systems (including controls, AI, physics, and other systems.) Must have expertise in programming in VR and Unity. Must have a smart eye to constantly improve the quality of the game.
- Proficiency in C#, and object-oriented programming
- 5+ years of experience with the Unity3D game engine
- 5+ years of recent experience in the video game industry
- 2+ years of VR development experience
- At least one shipped game title in a senior engineering capacity
- Experience with testing and documenting code
- Work with production staff to establish engineer tasks and scheduling requirements
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- At least one shipped VR game title in an engineering capacity
- Develop implementation plans and software
- Strong data-structure, logic, algorithm, and 3D math skills
- High-quality standards for personal code and strong debugging, coding, and problem solving
- An exhaustive knowledge of Unity and its subsystems; including AI, camera, input controls, and physics
- Experience building gameplay mechanics for First-person / Third-person Player
- Experience working with Unity's runtime UI system
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB