Onward Search is hiring a UXA specialist for our client in Columbia, SC!
****PAID RELOCATION ASSISTANCE****
Jump into or grow into a lead role understanding usability and human factors, showcasing through your portfolio examples of wireframes and UX architecture.
An IA/UX Lead researches, plans, architects the user experience design for websites, mobile apps, Intranets, and Web applications. This person leads the creation of digital products made from a user’s perspective.
An IA/UX Lead devises interaction strategies in sync with user goals and clients’ business goals, develops navigation and structure, designs wireframes or interactive prototypes, organizes content, and tirelessly advocates for the needs and goals of real users.
This person will make strategic and tactical UX decisions related to design and usability as well as features and functions.
UX lead with also perform usability assessments and tests of interactive systems.
Possess outstanding creativity, a highly detailed nature, and the ability to help define and solve complex user interface problems.
- Mastery of the Interactive Development Process - Thorough knowledge and experience planning,documenting and leading interactive projects (Web, Mobile App, Intranet, Web App)
UX best practices:
- A Designer’s Eye – Must be able to translate complex concepts and interactions into visually coherent wireframes or prototypes. This is a strongly creative position
- Passion – Strong affinity for the digital lifestyle and zealous drive to make interactive technology better for real people
- Software Skills - Strong proficiency/expertise in:InDesign, Axure RP (or the like), Interactive Prototyping Tools
- Client Interaction - An outgoing personality and ability to interact excellently with clients
- Writing – You must be able to write clearly, concisely and quickly. You must be able to create succinct requirements documentation for interactive projects
- Forever Learning - Relentless desire to learn and leverage the latest Web technologies
- Detail-oriented – You must be highly organized to be an excellent Information Architect
- Creativity - Possess problem-solving skills, an investigative mentality and a proactive nature
- Independence - The ability to make things happen with limited direction. Excellent proactive attitude, take-charge personality and “can-do” demeanor
- Stewardship - Be committed to delivering solutions on time and within budget
- Personal Organization - Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Conceive, Plan and Lead the development of high-end, effective digital products
- Create or assist with information architecture and UX design for complex interactive projects
- Define digital strategies. Produce site maps, wireframes, prototypes and UX requirements documentation
- Become a zealous “user” advocate
- Work to become an expert in the field of user experience design and people-centered digital products
- Facilitate internal team communication, bridging the gap between visual design, functional development, and content. Communicate the value of these disciplines to clients. Grow to lead client engagements from a UX perspective
- At least 2-3 years’ experience as an Information Architect or related user experience position.
- Demonstrable experience with information architecture for websites and apps. If you lack this, you must WOW us with your innate understanding of digital product design and outstanding ability to grasp position requirements
- BA or higher expected but not required if work experience and samples are stellar. Typical degrees:
- Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Graphic Design
- Library Science
- Computer Science
APPLY TODAY TO SPEAK WITH A RECRUITER TO LEARN MORE!!!! CURRENT PORTFOLIO REQUIRED!!!
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.