Our client, a top gaming company, is looking for a talented UI Engineer to join an experienced team of developers working on an exciting new mobile game.
This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help craft the vision and execution of a compelling, innovative, and immersive experience. You will collaborate with Designers, Artists and other Engineers to implement core UI systems and workflows.
- Design and develop tools and workflows for UX designers and artists
- Architect core UI solutions that can be utilized by gameplay engineers as they develop features
- Profile and optimize solutions to address performance bottlenecks
- Develop best practices and mentor other engineers in UI implementations
- Write and maintain core UI systems in Unity
- Build and iterate upon Unity Editor extensions for UX designers and artists
- Partner with UX designers and artists to develop best practices and solutions
- Profile and optimize UI performance
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
- Avid gamer with a passion for creating top-quality games
- 4x and strategy genre experience
- Addressable's Unity Package experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of game development experience in a related role
- Strong proficiency with Unity and C#, with at least one shipped title as part of a medium to large engineering team
- Capable of delivering quality Code Review feedback
- Experience with Unity Editor extensions a bonus
REQUIRED NON-TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to work with other game developers in a cooperative team environment
- Ability to work within a distributed team environment
- Dependability and commitment to projects/tasks
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB