UX Content Designer/Strategist
Freelance | Job ID #67896 | Posted one year ago
Are you a Content Designer versed in voice, chatbot and content? Do you love automation and the need to perfect messaging? This may be the one for you.
As the digital voice, the UX Content Designer strategizes, creates and manages clear, consistent and engaging UX content, including information architecture, product copy, calls-to-action, microcopy, naming conventions and taxonomies, that help users achieve their goals. Youâ€™ll work across a broad range of customer experiences and touchpoints, including branded websites, software and product development, e-commerce, mobile, email, and other digital content.
The UX Content Designer also supports overall brand objectives by ensuring consistent voice and tone, and by communicating brand values through every stage of the customer journey. The UX Content Designer translates complex topics and ideas in ways that are user friendly, jargon free and easy to understand. Using design thinking and keeping the user at the center of everything you do, youâ€™ll collaborate with UX Visual Designers, UX Designers and UX Researchers. Youâ€™ll work within an agile framework to create human-centered content design solutions that utilize customer insights, data, legal and stakeholder input.
All applicants should provide work samples, with proper consideration of copyright restrictions. The applicant should be able to speak to their content design philosophy and be aware of content design trends. Applicants who cannot provide work samples will not be considered.
- Provide content strategy to ensure the right content is delivered at the right time and in the right form for users to successfully navigate an experience.
- Utilize best UX and digital writing practices to turn product and marketing requirements into clear and concise experiences for our customers, including calls-to-action, micro copy, interaction flows, feature development and navigation.
- Create, maintain, and evolve company's content guidelines and style guides.
- Partner with Senior Content Designers on content testing exercises.
- Collaborate with our multi-disciplinary UX team to design a variety of compelling user experiences.
- Use data and research to evaluate contentâ€™s impact and derive customer insights that will help us solve our biggest customer problems and show real business results.
- Work with and gain approval from other stakeholders and legal.
- Serve as brand ambassadors and owners of the voice.
Education and Experience
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or higher in English, Journalism, Advertising, Communications or similar.
- Three or more years as a content designer, UX writer, copywriter or content strategist.
- Experience working with a cross-functional UX team.
- Familiarity with lean UX and agile development processes.
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of best UX writing practices
- Knowledge of research methods related to content testing
- Comfortable facilitating design thinking exercises (donâ€™t worry if you havenâ€™t done it before, we provide design thinking training)
- A relentless focus on the user
- Understanding of agile development processes
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate closely with peers, managers and stakeholders across disciplines and at all levels throughout the organization
- A smart, solid portfolio that demonstrates how you think.
- Mastery of Office suite; familiarity with Axure, Figma and Sketch
- Experience with content management systems
If this sounds like you and you're up to the challenge, please introduce yourself by applying below!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB
Turn on email alerts for this search