Our client, a national retailer who is being recognized globally for how they are shaping a new customer experience, is seeking a UX Content Strategist to join their growing digital team.
In this role, you will help define rules of engagement around the content across all brand websites and apps. The prime candidate will not only have a love of providing guardrails for content and crafting effective calls-to-action, but will also harbor a passion for understanding user behavior as this position is a critical component of the UX team.
- Conduct routine content audit to ensure the communication across our digital product is consistent and cohesive with the brand direction
- Collaborate with UX designers and UI designers to ensure realistic content is presented in wires and visual comps
- Includes writing instructional copy and CTAs but not marketing copy
- Improve communication of key research findings
- Initiate and plan content-related research
- Create guard rails for content creators across multiple brands while ensuring quality and consistency for the key target users
- Produce customer journeys, personas, and content style guides to aid in business alignment
- Identify gaps in current content to increase customer engagement and conversions
- Communicate rationale for strategy with business leaders across an organization without having the authority to dictate a direction
- Establish connective language and a unified voice.
- Systems and strategic thinker willing and able to dive into the weeds of tactics
- Works collaboratively and curiously with cross-functional team members, including UX designers, UI designers, user researcher, and product managers.
- Ability to “herd cats” to gain alignment with cross-functional teams on a strategy
- A self-starter who identifies opportunities and potential problems – addressing them effectively and efficiently
- Professional, flexible, and able to succeed in a rapidly changing environment
- Seeks out opportunities for self-development and continuing education
- Have 3+ years of experience working as a content strategist or UX writer with a deep knowledge of eCommerce.
- Passion for helping companies meet their goals and improve their focus on their target market.
- Experience crafting content taxonomies.
- Experience collaborating with design teams.
- Experience consuming or creating customer journeys and personas.
- Vast understanding of SEO and accessibility.
- Knowledge of CMS structures along with the limitations and advantages.
- Knowledge of utilizing UserTesting.com for iterative feedback.
- Experience conducting and writing about the results of research findings both to inform content strategy and to evaluate content.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.