Onward Search has a great opportunity with a big client. This opportunity is for a UX Design Lead who can start immediately onsite at our client’s office in McLean, VA. The ideal candidate should be an established and dynamic UX Design leader with focus on strategic product vision, design talent growth, and coordinating teams. If this sounds like you, apply right now!
- Collaborate with executives in Product, Tech, Design, Marketing, Analytics, and Operations in order to achieve high-value results
- Be the leader of the S4S design team
- Inspire and empower a high-performing and innovative group of design strategists, content writers, researchers, UX/UI designers, and front-end developers in defining and delivering product experiences that simplify the complex across channels, platforms, and devices
- Build the program culture and operating model with the S4S design team
- Work closely with other design leaders in the world
- Go-to partner in Design for Product, Tech, Marketing, Operations, and Analytics leaders and teams for the program
- Take part in forming and reforming strategy, product vision, and execution plans.
- Consult on and align with the needs of your partners in defining portfolio plans, and spot opportunities with the Design leadership
- Asses the skills and development areas of the designers on the S4S team to align them to the right opportunities to deliver key results and encourage their growth
- Effectively connect the dots between product experiences in the ecosystem
- Bachelor’s Degree or advanced Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Behavioral Science, or related field
- Must have at least 10 years of experience in a role leading Product Design, Customer Experience, or related customer experience teams (12 or more years preferred)
- Must have at least 6 years of experience managing a cross-functional team of design strategists, researchers, content strategists, UX/UI designers, and front-end developers (8 or more years preferred)
- A strong portfolio showcasing storytelling capabilities
- Previous experience of partnership building and leadership of design teams that span research, strategy, and execution
- Proficiency with current presentation formats (Google Slides, Keynote, PPT, Prezi, etc.) and design tools (Sketch, InVision, Figma, Adobe CC, etc.)
- Strong understanding of UX practices, human-centered design, and building high-performing teams that balance design skillsets
- Impeccable eye for exceptional design quality, and effective practices in delivering design critique and growth feedback to the team
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.