Senior Lead Product Designers are expected to be strong partners with senior Product Owners and Engineer Leads, developing product and business strategy, which informs prioritization, planning, and decisions across multiple product teams.
What You’ll Do
- Advocate for the users’ perspective when collaborating with Product Managers and Engineers to plan roadmaps, gather requirements, and structure the work.
- Drive creation of new products and business strategies at the intersection of user needs and business goals
- Set expectations within the design teams to standards of quality, and creative direction
- Contributes to the creation of visions (“north stars”) that make strategy concrete
- Create strategic design deliverables such as strategy decks, customer journeys, and visions of future experiences and evangelize these cross-product “blueprints” across teams
- Advocate for Accessibility and Inclusive Design practices
- Prepare design team members to present their work to others
- Support recruiting processes, reaching out to potential candidates, conducting a technical assessment of candidates’ design craft capabilities
- Lead multiple, parallel teams in the design and re-design of end-to-end experiences across our [Product Line] offerings
- Oversee upfront user research to understand user needs and behaviors better, and usability testing to see how your solutions work for users, in collaboration with Experience Researchers
Our Desired Profile
- Lead the delivery of successfully shipped products
- Can direct self and others in both planning and structuring the work, and executing on expected levels of quality
- Experience leading a program of work through full product development cycles in discovery, concepting, prototypes, specifications, and enablement
- Significant experience with user-centered and human-centered design approaches
- Prior work involves leading design teams (with other designers, UX researchers, and content designers) and cross-functional collaboration with senior product managers and engineering leads
- Expertise in Interaction Design, and strength in Visual/UI Design and Information Architecture
- Proficiency in adjacent skills such as User Research, UX Writing, Prototyping, and Service Design
- Strong facilitation skills and experience employing a variety of methods and techniques to run complex design-led workshops
- Has driven new business thinking and strategy through their user-centered design work
- Advocate for Accessibility Guidelines and Inclusive Design practices
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB